Obsessively ranking, knowing better, and talking turkey in miraculously spangled garb.

Shaking leaves of streamers from the liber-tree

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

All of the Zombie Movies I've ever seen, ranked.


People are always saying to me, "John, what is the best zombie movie ever?" I can never answer, because I believe that the perfect zombie movie is out there waiting for me to find it. I haven't discovered the best zombie movie, ever, yet.

With that said, here is a list of zombie movies I've seen in order of best to worst. Some of them, especially at the end, might not be your cup of tea. Even I couldn't sit through some of them! But you can always drop it if it's hot.

The Rankings

Night of the Living Dead
The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (aka, "Don't Open the Window" and "Let Sleeping Corpses Lie")
Cemetery Man
Les Revenants ("They Came Back")
Shaun of the Dead
Dawn of the Dead
Grindhouse (Planet Terror)
Day of the Dead
28 Days Later
Zombieland
Fido
Thriller
Quarantine
Wild Zero
Dead Alive
Dawn of the Dead (remake)
Resident Evil
Dead and Breakfast
Night of the Living Dead (remake)
I am Legend
Resident Evil: Extinction (these last 2 don't deserve cred- but they're fun)
28 Weeks Later
Resident Evil: Afterlife
Return of the Living Dead
J'Accuse
Evil Dead II
Graveyard Alive: A Zombie Nurse in Love
Resident Evil II
The Last Man on Earth
Re-Animator
Pet Semitary
Diary of the Dead
Land of the Dead
Stacy
My Boyfriend's Back
Zombie Honeymoon
Army of Darkness (I don't know if this counts as a zombie movie)
Zombi 2
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Scooby Doo on Zombie Island
Children of the Living Dead
I, Zombie
The House by the Cemetery
Terror Creatures from the Grave
White Zombie
Day of the Dead (2008 remake)
Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror
Versus
Survival of the Dead
Undead
The Aftermath
Doom
Gangs of the Dead
The Night Evelyn Came Out of the Grave
The Snake People
Otto, or Up With Dead People
Night of the Living Dead 3D (2006)
Dead Dudes in the House
Day of the Dead 2: Contagium
The Stink of Flesh
Messiah of Evil
Bio-Zombie
Army of the Dead

No comments:

Post a Comment